Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Welcome to my party" (Nishino, Kana)

Ever since I was a child, music has been a major influence on my life. In my youngest years, I enjoyed Tim Noah, Ray Parker Jr., and many songs on the radio. My first band was a band that I made in the first grade called The Frankenfarters. The one song of ours that I can remember was called, "I Farted on the Gapevine" which was a cover of one of my favorite acts, the California Raisins*. The lyrics were fairly obvious, "I farted, I farted, I farted on the grapevine, just about to loose my mind," and, "I know a man aint supposed to cry, but you farted right in my eyes."

Though I have learned to like them now, my parents took me to several concerts that I did not appreciate at a young age such as multiple trips to see John Denver at the Pyuallup fair, and Paul Simon at the Tacoma Dome. I also have decent memory of seeing Gladys Knight and the Pips at Bumbershoot, back in the days before Bumbershoot cost fists full of over inflated dollars.

In fact it wasn't until I was about 12 years old that I really went to a concert of my choosing, and that concert was a double bill of Stone Temple Pilots, and Butthole Surfers. Though I was more interested in STP at the time, Butthole Surfers has withstood the test of time, and I still listen to their recordings fairly often. Therefore, they will be the first album I review. The post should be up in the next few days. We'll see where it goes!

Thanks for reading,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment